Terms & Conditions
All Cancellations or Transfers must be received in writing. All program payments are non-refundable.
- Transfers: The deposit payment is transferable to another sail training course date upon receipt of written notice and notice of change is 60 days or more prior to the date of your sail training course or your sail training course time slot is rebooked. Only in Canada. Based on availability and has to be used within 12 months. Service and admin fees apply. Program fees are not transferable within 60 days of the program start date.
- Cancellations: All payments are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation, upon receipt of written notice of cancellation, the balance payment, due 60 days prior to the start of your sail training course date may be applied to a future training (transfer / admin fees apply). For cancellation less than 60 days prior to the sail training date all payments are non-refundable.
- Travel Insurance: WE RECOMMEND ALL CLIENTS PURCHASE TRIP CANCELLATION. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to protect your investment in case you cancel your trip in the event that you become unwell or weather prohibits the journey. We can offer recommendations on where to purchase TCI. Ask for details.
- Cancelled Trips: HERIZEN™ Sailing & Self-Awareness Training for Women reserves the right to change an itinerary, sail plan, equipment size, instructor / trip leader, or cancel any trip based on Acts of God, weather, inadequate sign up, or any unforeseen events. In such cases we will offer either, a revised sail plan, a transfer to another comparable trip or a credit towards a future trip. The Customer is 100% responsible for all travel and trip preparation expenses outside what is included in the value of the sailing adventure, retreat or training, including airline tickets and fees, accommodation, fees or charges, gratuities, medical expenses, land transportation, meals, insurance of any kind or equipment purchases We recommend you purchase Trip Cancellation Insurance. Please ask for details.
- Transportation Services: HERIZEN™ Sailing for Women acts only as an agent in all matters relating to services such as taxi, ground transportation, airport transport, hotel or boat charters, ferries. The Customer assumes liability for any actions or defaults of any individual organization with who such arrangements are made.
- Trip Delay or Interruptions: HERIZEN™ Sailing for Women reserves the right to change the itinerary or prevent the commencement of the sailing program based on Acts of God, unsafe weather conditions or unforeseen challenges. This would be the case if such events were unsafe for the boat, captain and crew to set sail. In such cases all funds are non refundable and non transferable. The customer is 100% responsible fro all travel and trip preparation expenses and any other costs related to this trip delay or interruption such as airfares, hotels, transportation of any kind, telephone, internet, insurance of any kind, cancellation or rebooking fees, medical services, meals and gratuities.
- Trip Program Changes: HERIZEN™ Sailing for Women reserves the right to change the itinerary / program outline, sail plan, sailing instructor/ trip or program leader and any or all service providers.
- Medical:Our instructors are trained in First Aid and CPR. We carry a VHF radio and cell phones so help can be summoned in an emergency. Participants are encouraged to purchase adequate medical insurance coverage.The participant assumes full responsibility regarding provision cost of medical care or evacuation. Certain medical conditions will require a written doctor’s permission prior to participation. *We request that all participants consult with your local travel clinic for recommendations on health immunizations or travel outside your own country. We also recommend a recent Tetanus immunization. The customer is 100% responsible for all medical services and or medical evacuations if required during any sailing program trip.
- Liability: A Disclosure Form and Release Document form must be reviewed and signed by all participants and is to be given to your sailing instructor / trip leader on the first day of the sailing program. You may only participate in the sailing program / retreat or adventure if this document has been reviewed and signed. This document is enclosed / attached with your other sailing course preparation information.